Saturday, June 14, 2014

Video Game Background Art


First approach


I have found these tonight in my between my folders and I have decided to share it, although it is not my usual kind of work. At the end of 2013 I worked as background artist with a spanish team in order to develop the art design for a german video game.  Finally the project didn't continue but I enjoyed the cartoon style and it was an interesting experience.

These kind of games are designed in 2.5D keeping layers separated to get a 3D feeling. Also everything had to be builted with elements which can be placed and repeated anywhere by the level designers.

Hope you like it ;)
and Thanks for visiting my cave


Background - Foreground layers


Elements

Border Elements

Background Simulation
Full Level Simulation










1 comment: